Wednesday, June 11, 2014

End of the Year Reflection

 At first, I thought that getting a picture drawn or created perfectly was what all artists tried to achieve. While I was in this class though, the imperfections seemed to be what made the art work even more creative. Just this simple lesson showed me that anything you do is art. I was particularly proud of these imperfections in all of my pieces of art, from the stamp work, to the colored pages, to my book, to my time capsule, and to the totem poles. In all, I've learned a lot of different styles for producing art, which is really interesting, and helpful for the future. Something that I also discovered on my own this year, in this class was how anyone could easily insert their emotions in art work and how you can also involve symbolism. Even right now with my art book and my colored pages, I was able to involve symbolism in most of the pages, and also explain to somebody what they mean. For an example, I recently showed my mom one of my pages, and she asked what it meant, and I was able to easily explain it, and I learned that's what makes art strong, meaningful, and deep. I've learned so much this year, and I'm looking forward to proceeding with my creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment