Sunday, January 26, 2014

Fortune Cookie

 This project lead me to becoming stumped. I had no idea what to do for this project. So I picked up a magazine from the library called (I think) Art News that I was hoping would give me more ideas. Looking through the magazine, I saw a lot of Japanese artwork. Fortunes cookies are an Asian tradition, so I knew I wanted to keep researching different ideas on Japanese culture. Knowing that there are a lot of cherry blossoms in Japan, I searched it up on the internet. Cherry blossoms mean that the beginning of spring has started, so based on my fortunes, I decided to base my whole fortune cookie project on "New Beginnings." Later on, I soon started thinking about how birds can symbolize letting go to the past, flying away, and starting something new. The corners of paper symbolize the material left from the past. 



No comments:

Post a Comment